Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sound effects and trying to keep the mic dry:


So,... since the work I'm doing on the film right now still falls in the category of "Images Too Boring to Post," I thought I'd put up a few shots from when we were recording sound effects.

These are Markey and I capturing various noises for splashes, rain and for when the main character is moving thru the water.  Kait shot all these,...  even climbing onto the counter to get a vantage point above Markey (really getting into her job of being the documentary photographer).


For some of the sounds, we tried putting the mic in a ziploc so we could submerge it. And it worked surprisingly well!


And standing in the pond making waves. 
This was really cold.
 
 



1 comment:

  1. Wow, it's only now that I realize how much work goes into one scene, even the tiniest parts of it, like rain and water :) I admire your dedication and your inventiveness, all of you guys :D Hope the mic doesn't get wet!

    ReplyDelete